- 08:00 Meet the driver and move to Pisa
- 08:45 Pisa and Miracoli court
- 09:30 Departing to Florence
- 10:45 Florence view from Michelangelo square
- 11:00 Central Piazza della Repubblica
- 16:00 Departing to Livorno port
- 17:15 Arrive at the ship
Pisa and Florence explore Florence on your own
Probably Tuscany’s most famous cities, Florence and Pisa can be visited in one day on our carefully designed private shore excursion, available from the ports of Livorno; during which you will experience some of the most awe-inspiring landmarks in Italy.
To get the most from your shore excursion, an early start is recommended. Leaving directly from your cruise ship, you will soon be in the heart of Pisa arriving at Piazza dei Miracoli; this Unesco site include the Leaning Tower, the 12th-century bell tower for which Pisa is so renowned.
A short stop here will also allow you to take in the incredible Pisan-Romanesque architecture; the Cathedral, and the circular Baptistry.The more energetic may want to take the challenge of climbing the 296 steps to the top of the Tower of Pisa for an original view of the surrounding Piazza (advance reservation necessary).
From Pisa to Florence
your excursion continues to Florence (1 hour drive) that is a treasure trove of art and architecture; you will admire for the first time from the glorious viewpoint at Piazzale Michelangelo.
Once in the heart of the city your driver leave you in the most central square Piazza della Repubblica near the Savoy Hotel. You agree with him for the afternoon meeting point near the hotel at the suggested time of 4pm.
Top of the list for first-time visitors
1) the Ponte Vecchio – the bridge over the Arno fortunately spared by the WWII bombings and famous for its traditional jewellery stores
2) the marble-clad Santa Maria del Fiore, Florence’s cathedral (known simply as the “Duomo”) with its astonishing gravity-defying Cupola. In the same square stand two other masterpieces the octagonal Baptistry and the soaring 14th-century Bell Tower.
Our suggestion: The Accademia Gallery
Another must-see is without a doubt Michelangelo’s sculpture of David, the giant representation of the biblical hero in white marble; Michelangelo began when he was only 26. The original stands in the Accademia Gallery and you can also see a copy of Michelangelo’s masterpiece in Piazza della Signoria.
A relaxing drive back to the port let you arrive at the ship at 5.15pm
Our private shore excursion to Pisa and Florence on your own is designed to help you to experience the best-known and most significant sights, but we are happy to tailor-make your itinerary to suit your own tastes and interests (within the limits of the time available, of course!). The excursion can also be combined with a private guided walking tour of Florence with a local licensed guide.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Max pax: 8
- smart driver + full comforts vehicle
- 1/3 pax: 500,00
- 4/6 pax: 540,00
- 7/8 pax: 600,00
- english speaking driver+full comforts vehicle
- 1/3 pax: 450,00
- 4/6 pax: 492,00
- 7/8 pax: 550,00
- english speaking driver+luxury sedan (MB S class Premium)
- 1/3 pax: 650,00